Monday, August 24, 2009

Random Randomness #1

I am over joyed that the next craft fair isn't happening until September 5th. This will allow me some much needed time to build up inventory for the Black Crow and for Etsy. I orignally thought I would able to double list items on Etsy and the Black Crow, but in hindsight, I see it as too risky. If i double sold something it would create an unsolvable and unneccesary problem. Therefore, I will have seperate inventories, which makes even more work for myself, but it is worth it. I love Etsy and The Black Crow equally and will give them both the attention they deserve. Stay tuned for more Etsy items @ WackyJacky.etsy.com coming in September. Myron Blanc was newly listed to etsy this past week where he and Garbage Gut represent monstahkind.


I had a fun time making a couple custom orders. I welcome custom orders because they can give me a direction that I may not gone towards on my own.



The first custom order was a gift for a one year old which means safety eyes were used and installed, and the socks that will be used are washed in dreft ( baby detergent) before construction. The purchaser wanted an Irish theme, and Riley is what I came up with. Didn't want to make him blatantly Irish with shamrocks and a beer mug. Instead I used the colors of the flag of Ireland as inspiration. I hope Riley and his new little buddy will be friends for a life time.




The second custom was really fun because the customer supplied a pair of crazy socks for the monstah's construction. They were concerned that I couldn't use them because they had a hole in the heel. A hole in the heel is no match for my monstah making skills! Kaleidascope was born in pristine condition without evidence of any hole. The craziness of the colors and pattern of the socks made for endless possibilities. I chose to use indigo safety eyes which I handpainted to bring the whole colorscheme together.

Check out the facebook group page for recent photos of monstahs by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. i really like kaleidascope.. what a fun pair of socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun indeed! The customer is going have me make more out of similar socks.

    ReplyDelete