Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Black Crow: A Trove of Awesomeness

As mentioned in the previous blog about the shindig, I met Wendy Kapp of the Black Crow Gallery in East sandwich, Ma. She is a jolly hippie type which means she's my kind of people! Wendy, a life-long resident of the Cape has transformed the old barn on route 6A into an energetic, inspirational outpost for up and coming Cape artists and craftspeople. She displays her own artwork - hand dyed and stenciled t-shirts, jewelry made from beach rocks and 'fair trade' beads, felted pieces, soul stones, herbal oils and lotions.


Wendy has many talents, but I like her paintings bestest. I love the technique, the loudness of the colors, their mood... I guess everything about them. "The Queen of Important Stuff" will be mine.. Oh yes, she will be mine!

Wendy's paintings don't take themselves serious and their creativity lasts far beyond their completion. That's what I drive for in my work. This is the start of a beautiful friendship and the Black Crow is the only store that sockmonstahs can be purchased.


The sockmonsthas have settled, nicely into their new home. Wendy made it easy to be able to sell the same monstah(s) online or at fairs that are at the shop. Most of the time, other vendors at the black Crow are looking to share booths at fairs which rules emmensely because some booth fees are ridiculous! Having someone to share the costs means i could possibly go to fairs that I couldn't otherwise afford. Also, getting to know area craftspeople and artist makes me feel like I'm "in the loop" and I am finding out which fairs aren't worth going to and which ones are.

The Black Crow is an old barn and has a rustic charm. I love the
display ladder, and I'm sure the sockmonstahs do too. Come on now, they eat garbage, their not very picky. I add new monstahs every Tuesday and Thursdays. This will probably change to one day a week when I go back to school fulltime, but who knows. I'm always surprising myself with how OBSESSED about getting my craft on I actually am.

Stay tuned for Village Fest this Saturday! For info click here.



Look at these monstahs, they have it made! They get to hang out in the summer sun without a care in the world. Oh, the Life of a Sockmonstah, that's the life for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment